AppleJack hospitality – the guys behind SoCal and Bondi Hardware – celebrated the first year of their middle child, The Botanist‘s first birthday with the cocktails and share food they’ve built their reputation on.
WHAT WAS THE OCCASION
The Botanist Kirribilli’s 1st Birthday
WHO WAS THERE
Teri Haddy, Demi Harmon, Tim Blackwell, Tara Rushton, Nacho Pop, Scott Gooding, Simon Hancock
WHAT WE DRANK
- Barrington Boutique - Ketel One, lime juice, raspberry jam sugar syrup, cranberry juice, and a dash of rhubarb bitters
- Fothergill Punch - Pampero Especial, lime juice, orgeat, pineapple juice and a dash of cherry bitters
WHAT WE ATE
- Beef sliders
- White fish ceviche lettuce cups
- Broccoli & blue cheese arancini balls
- Lamb & harissa sausage rolls
- Garlic prawn and noodle salad
WHAT WENT DOWN
With their newest venture SoCal being the darling of Neutral Bay, The Botanist was almost a bit… left out. Typical middle child. Until Tuesday night, that is. We’ve never seen The Botanist so packed out; almost 200 celebs, media and friends were out to celebrate one year in business – and everyone knows there ain’t no party like a hospo party.
If the CBD bar scene is reaching across the bridge to the North Shore, then The Botanist is the one leading the charge. Which is a reason to celebrate if nothing else, because let’s be honest – Kirribilli was desperate for a good drinking hole. Thank fuck for Applejack.
THE FULL ALBUM