Indians are known to have a fondness for varieties of sweets. It is because we have a sweet tooth and hundreds of mouth-watering typyes of sweets. Whether it is a festival or celebration, sweets are imperative.
Types of sweets
Besan ladoo, Kaju Katli, Rasgulla and Gulab Jamun are some of the most popular sweets in Indian households. Here, we will discuss the recipes of besan ladoo and kaju katli.
This delectable sweet is specially made during festivals or special occasions. With the help of a few ingredients, even a beginner can make delectable besan ladoos at home.
|Nestlé Everyday Ghee.||200gm|
|Cashew Nuts||20 (chopped)|
|Nestlé MILKMAID||1/2 tin (200gm)|
|Refined oil||2/3 cup (100ml)|
How will you make besan ladoo?
- Take a heavy bottom pan or Kadai. Add one and a half spoon of ghee. Now, add oil and besan.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes on a medium flame. You have to do this until the besan turns golden brown.
- Keep stirring it continuously for even roasting and prevent it from burning.
- Add chopped almonds and cashew nuts and mix well.
- Once you have mixed it, allow it to cool down completely.
- Now add the Nestlé MILKMAID and mix well.
- Keep the mixture aside for 15 minutes, divide it into 24 portions, and gently roll into balls.
Voila! Your tasty besan laddoos are ready to gorge on.
During Diwali, kaju katli is one of the hot-selling desserts at sweet shops. It is gifted by many to relatives and friends as it is considered a token of happiness. You can make it at home with some easily available ingredients. The joy of cooking for your loved ones is surreal. Celebrate your moments with home cooked delicacies. Let’s learn the recipe and you can achieve the right consistency, taste, and color of this dish.
|Nestlé MILKMAID||1/2 tin (200 gms)|
|Cashew nuts||150 gms|
|Nestlé a+ Nourish Milk||1/2 cup|
How will you make kaju katli?
- Firstly, take cashew nuts and crush them to a fine powder.
- Next, you need to put all the ingredients together and grind them to a smooth paste.
- Take a thick pan or Kadai and transfer the mixture into it.
- Cook it on low flame until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a tray. Gently roll out and cool it down.
- Lastly, cut into diamond shapes.
Your tasty kaju katli is ready to be served.
Rasgulla, Gulab Jamun, Rabdi and many other sweets are quite popular and loved by all. However, besan laddoo and kaju katli are the stars of every event or function. So, hone your culinary skills with these recipes and enjoy your favourite sweets at home.