You wouldn’t read this article without your ability to see it. As simple as it sounds, your eyes can help you survive this complex human life. Life is a complicated concept, entangled by emotions, situations, and a long list of worldly obligations. That’s why you have five senses to help you navigate the maze of your existence here on earth. Living is like solving a puzzle because you have to find missing pieces to feel contentment. Without your senses, it would be harder to look for the things you long for — especially without your eyes.
If you’re in your early 20s, you may take your eye health for granted; work for eight hours a day, then watch your favourite series on Netflix the whole night. For this reason, you don’t give much time to rest your eyes or even not consider going to an eye clinic in Singapore for a check-up.
As time goes by, it can affect your eye health, which means you’ll find it more challenging to survive the complexities of human life. Studies even say that there are over 200 million people with eye problems.
Considering your eye health can help you stay equipped with essential things to survive human life complexity. So, let this article show you how to maintain your vision with your eye specialist in Singapore throughout the years.
What Would Happen If You Don’t Take Care of Your Eyes?
A 20/20 vision is a privilege. Not everyone has perfect eyesight, so better appreciate it and avoid doing eye damage if you have one. But, what would happen if you didn’t take care of your eyes? What are the risks if you don’t have a regular check-up with your eye doctor in Singapore? Find out the answers in this section.
- Sunlight Damage – Without proper eye protection, the sun can directly damage your eyes. Extended exposure to sunlight can lead to sunburn, cataracts, macular degeneration, or worse, eyelid cancer.
- Uncontrollable Smoking Habits – If you don’t prioritize your eye health, you can have an uncontrollable smoking habit. Researchers found that smoking can cause more eye diseases. Better yet, stop smoking as early as now to preserve your vision.
- Unhealthy Sleeping Habits – When you don’t care about eye health, you’ll probably don’t appreciate the importance of sleep. Imagine waking up with bloodshot eyes, dark circles, and it can even lead to vision impairment. If so, look for an eye specialist clinic in Singapore to help you with this problem.
- Not Visiting an Eye Doctor – If you don’t take care of your eye health, you won’t bother visiting an eye doctor. In doing so, you wouldn’t know your eye health status. Plus, you won’t see the lifestyle habits you should change.
- Unconsciously Rubbing Eyes – Not minding your eye health can also make you unconsciously rub your eyes. Unfortunately, it can cause keratoconus, which means thinning of the cornea that leads to blurry vision.
Now, how can you turn these bad habits into healthy ones? Well, better continue reading the article to know why taking care of your eye health with an eye specialist in Singapore can help you survive the complex maze of life.
5 Ways Taking Care of Eyes Can Help You Survive Life
You may or may not notice it, but you heavily rely on your eyes every day to survive life. Without your eyes, you wouldn’t know what’s happening around you. You wouldn’t even know if there’s danger. Hence, if you experience eye diseases, a significant part will be lost to you — the ability to see.
That’s why you should know the five ways to take care of your eyes with the help of an eye specialist in Singapore.
1) The Importance of Balanced Diet
As you take care of your eyes, your diet will also change. Your eye doctor in Singapore may advise you to eat more fruits and vegetables to add more nutrients. In the long run, you’ll build a healthy habit that can also improve your overall health. Eating healthy foods can benefit your whole body, from head to toe. This way, it can help you survive life by avoiding terminal illnesses or diseases.
Although human life is not immortal, it’s still better to live a healthy life, so you can fully enjoy your time here on earth. After all, there are many beautiful sceneries you ought to see with your two healthy eyes.
2) Investing in Protective Eyewear
Prioritising your eye health is also about investing in protective eyewear. You can go to an eye specialist clinic in Singapore and ask if they can provide you with contact lenses, sunglasses, and other protective eyewear. Wearing these can help you avoid accidents that may impact your life. Hence, practice wearing protective eyewear so you can live an accident-free life, especially if you’re an athlete, construction or factory worker.
3) Regular Doctor Visit
Maintaining your eye health will also convince you to visit an eye doctor regularly. With this, you’ll know your current eye condition. On top of this, the doctor will give some recommendations if you need to change your lifestyle. You can also see whether you need surgery like Lasik surgery in Singapore. So, as you grow old, you won’t miss out on essential things in your health.
4) Giving Your Eyes Rest
Another lesson you’ll learn is to give your eyes rest. If you’re working in front of a computer screen the whole day, it’s better to know the 20-20-20 rule. Look away from your computer screen 20 feet away with a minimum of 20 seconds every 20 minutes. As you practice this habit, you’ll give yourself a break from your work as well. After all, young professionals should also know the importance of the resting period.
5) Washing Hands
Washing hands is appropriate for your overall health. Before you touch your eyes, it’s essential to have clean hands to avoid infecting them, especially now that there is a pandemic. For sure, your eye doctor in Singapore will tell you to clean your hands from time to time, even if you’re inside your home. Washing hands can teach you the importance of cleanliness for your health.
Eyes are valuable assets, so protect them with Nova Eye Centre, an eye clinic in Singapore. Visit their website to walk with an eye specialist.