The liquid fraction of a solution will be evaporated from the fabric during the drying process. Curing is a drying procedure that is repeated for curing the cross-linking agent.
Then the operator adjusts the expreader to the desired width of fabric and then adjusts the temperature, overfeed, and machine speed (depending on fabric construction and shades), before feeding the fabric to the machine for production.
The Dryer Box is used for drying the collar and cuffs. This drying function is defined as a method of evenly hanging collars in an improvised carrier and allowing them to be heated by air circulation in a Box chamber.
Let us discuss in this post about few details about relax dryer machine.
The following are the equipment that are normally used for the drying process
- Computerised operating panel
- Ruckh relax dryer (German make)
The following are the key accessories that are used for the drying process:
- Measuring tape
- Electronic balance
- Di-cutter (for yield checking)
Safety of the relax dryer machine
The following are a few do’s and don’ts that are to be followed while operating any dryer machine:
- Wear rubber facemask and gloves while cleaning the machine and screen filter
- Remain careful during machine operation about the guiding wheel available in expreader.
- Remain careful while handling its trolley of fabrics
- Also, be aware of all the procedures of first aid treatments.
- Do not wear any loose dress that may often entangle any parts of the machine while running.
- During running the machine avoid touching the overfeed roller.
- While running the blower and gas burner never open the chamber doors.
Checklist before operation
It is important that the operator must check all the following items before he starts drying or curing any fabric in this relax dryer machine:
- Ensure that machine parameters are set.
- Arrange for required manpower for production.
- Ensure that fabric for the feed side has been kept ready.
- An empty trolley is also ready in the delivery side.
- Expreader is guided up
Product quality check
With the help of the Q.C. Inspector, the operator on the delivery side checks the colours against the customer authorised swatch. If a deviation is discovered, the appropriate action is taken.
The operator on the delivery side compares the colours to the customer-approved swatch by taking the help of the Q.C. Inspector. If there is a deviation, the proper action is taken.
The operator weighs the product using a GSM cutter and an electronic balance, then compares it to the specified finished weight on the batch card.
Using a compaction scale, the operator examines the compaction (e.g., length and width) and tells the shift officers.
The operator will check for the following faults:
- Knitting fault
- Spinning faults
- Dyeing faults
Necessary corrective actions will be taken by the supervisor in case any fault is noticed by the operator.
Bow and slant check of fabric
The operator inspects the bow and also slant of the fabric on the delivery side and takes the necessary corrective action.