When you have a fire extinguisher installed in your home or office, it becomes imperative to maintain it properly. After all, a device that is required for controlling an emergency should be kept in proper shape at all cost. That is why it is important for you to maintain the extinguisher regularly. However, the maintenance of a fire extinguisher is not a do-it-yourself job. It requires expert professionals who have experience in handling fire extinguishers. Fire extinguisher service is as important as installing a device. It does not make much sense if your fire extinguisher does not work in an emergency.
Fire extinguisher service plays a vital role in the maintenance of the device. Hiring them will help you keep the device working always. So what are the basic advantages of hiring a fire extinguisher service company? A few of them are listed here:
- Regular maintenance and inspection enable you to keep your device working and ready for any fire emergencies.
- They meet up with the specified standards of maintenance by your insurance company
- They make sure you are living in a safe environment at all times
- For offices, they comply with the local fire regulation and codes specified by the government for commercial use.
Basic services that a fire extinguisher service company would provide you with:
- Periodic inspections – Usually all fire extinguisher service company would provide inspections and check-ups once in every month. During these monthly inspections, the technician would check the device, inspect the pull pin, clean the device and present a detailed report of the checks performed by him.
- Internal maintenance including hydrostatic testing – Quite commonly, the fire extinguishers have store pressure which needs to be maintained at a specific level. While this does not happen often and can occur once in six to twelve years, but it requires immediate attention of a technician. The technician will inspect and adjust the pressure level to bring it to working condition.
- Annual maintenance contract – This is the general contact that one needs to go for while hiring a fire extinguisher service from a company. It is the fire safety law that says that every fire extinguisher must be checked annually by a skilled technician to keep it fit for fire. The annual maintenance contact seals this deal with the owner for one or more years.
How do you find the best service?
Finding a good fire extinguisher service company can be a daunting task. It will also depend on the area you are staying in. There are a few factors that need to be taken care of while you are out looking for the best service provider in your area. The first thing that you need to look out for is the reputation of the company. The company you wish to hire must have a very good reputation and years of experience in this field. They must also have the required license and authorization for performing these services. You must check if all their licenses to make sure that you will be in safe hands. Secondly, you need to check their pricing and compare with other providers. Make sure you are going for the best combination of service and cost.